Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Graduate Studies in Library Science



This year marks the first full year that I have been enrolled in the LIS graduate program at the University of Southern Mississippi. This program is ALA accredited, and the specifics can be read here.


As part of my studies I am enrolled in LIS 558 Internet Resources and Applications. This course examines on-line tools, and social networks in the library. What I have learned thus far, both in this class and in the others I have taken, has been amazing. Librarianship is a fascinating subject.


Since the majority of postings on this blog are about art, and art related issues, I will close by adding that I hope to one day use my degree in an Art Library. More information about art librarianship can be found at the Art Library Society Web site. A link is here.

No comments: