Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Problem Solving in Art



          This is the completed image for the most recent painting I shared here. This painting turned out better than I thought it would. When I began, I was not satisfied with how the picture was shaping up. But I do think the finished painting is pretty good. What do you think?



         The current painting that I am working on has been erased and re-started 3-4 times now. Normally when I begin a work, I let the composition flow as I work. This time I have something in mind, and I can't seem to get it quite right. I have found art making to be a process wherein a series of problems are resolved with changes made directly to the image. Each solution usually creates one or two more additional problems, and the art work is not complete until the artist is satisfied with the problem solutions and can live with any remaining issues within the work. This image in particular is giving me issues as I am only getting started.


 



Normally I would try to have other information on here about a show, or an artists I have discovered. But I haven't really done any of that for a while. So, for now this is what I have. Check back next week, and maybe I will have something else. You could also suggest something in the comments if there is a topic you think I should discuss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the first one in this blog, but am really interested in the second, look forward to seeing the finished painting and comparing the before and after.