Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Creativity and Halloween

I took a bit of a break from the blog in October. I am back now, and should have weekly updates. This week I thought I would address the idea of Art/creativity and Halloween. I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, I don't hate it, but I can more or less take it or leave it. I usually wear this pin on Halloween:





But a friend of mine yelled at me over the e-mail this year. She said I'm an artist, and I should be able to come up with something. So this got me thinking. I had to do something fun. Too many costumes are run-of-the-mill. I eventually decided to go as Magrittes Son of Man. Here is a pictue of that:





This costume was fun, and very easy to make. Not to mention inexpensive. I guess my friend was right. I should focus more on the fun creative aspects of Halloween. I wonder what I should do next year. See you next week.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

best costume ever!