Sunday, January 3, 2010

Teaching Perspective

Happy New Year to all! The first post for the New Year is about another teaching experience I had. Before school let out for the holidays I taught basic perspective drawing to some Jr. High students. I believe they really enjoyed the exercises. This is important, because the school I was in does not currently have an art program. Therefore, my teaching is the only true exposure to art and art making these students have. The samples below are from some of their work. Unfortunately I did not get to see the fully completed projects. These examples are how the students started.










As you can see we started out by drawing simple shapes that recede into the distance. I think they did a very nice job here. For the second part, I had the students draw their ideal room. They were free to fill this room with whatever they wanted. The two examples above, although nice, are incomplete. I do hope they finished them after I left. What do you think? Leave your questions and comments, and I will see you next time.

No comments: