Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cemeteries

     I've been spending some time sketching in cemeteries lately. Cemeteries have always been interesting to me. The monuments are like sculptures, which is really what they are, commemorating the lives of those who are buried. The older ones are the most interesting. Some of them have poetry and descriptions of what the person was like. They all seem to tell a story, and it’s interesting to imagine the life and the history these people saw.   
     I have had this idea for a while, and have not put it down to paper. But now that I am getting started I am excited. I often walk around with ideas for paintings, and it is somewhat surprising how they take form once I start to actually work on them.  



2 comments:

Veg said...

I like what I see so far!

Anonymous said...

Have you done more on this painting yet?